Friday, January 11, 2019

Back At It Again

Hi everyone!

Happy New Year!  I hope you've all been enjoying 2019 so far.  It's hard to believe that the first week of the new year has gone by so fast.  I've been back in the city for only a few days, but I'm already starting to fall back into the swing of things.  I had my first modeling sessions of the new year on Monday, and I have even more bookings all throughout the month of January.  I’m going to be one busy little bee, to say the least.

What does it feel like to be back?  If I’m being completely honest, it’s a little tiring.  After having so much downtime over the holidays, it’s a bit of a shock to the system to dive right back into work.  It’s a lot like heading back to the gym after weeks of not working out.  It’s not that you’ve lost all of your physical strength or capability, but there’s definitely a difference.  I've found that I have to stretch more on my breaks than I typically do, particularly through my shoulders and upper back.  Re-adjusting hasn’t been easy, but it does seem to be getting better with each session.  Hopefully this will continue throughout the rest of the month.

The start of this week, though, was definitely a challenge.  After Monday’s sessions, I was more wiped than I expected to be.  Part of that is likely due to working from 1pm-4:30pm, then again from 7pm-10pm and getting home just in time to watch the last hour of the season premiere of “The Bachelor” with my roommates.  Did I have to stay up that late?  No.  Did I have to eat all the cookies and peanut brittle that were laid out?  No.  But was it worth it?  Absolutely!

The rest of the week has been going fine.  I’ve been trying my best to get started on my modeling New Year’s Resolutions from my last post.  Some of them have been going well.  I’ve started to see a chiropractor, which has definitely helped with my posing.  I’ve also been going to the gym more and speaking up about my comfort level in my sessions.  Creating a more consistent blogging schedule, however, has been harder to achieve.  I'm so busy during the week, it's hard to find time to sit down and get any writing done.  Even when I do have time, I find I'm too tired or distracted to finish an entry.  My plan for right now is to try to get a new post up either on Saturday or Sunday.  I’m hoping that’ll stick, but who knows?  Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Since today is Friday, I'll be off the clock this weekend.  This doesn't always happen, but I'm grateful to have some time off to recover.  Tonight, I've been trying to get all the kinks out of my back, but nothing seems to be working.  I've used my foam roller, put IcyHot on it, and took some ibuprofen.  While all of those things helped, I'm not feeling the relief I want.  If any readers out there have any tips or tricks on how to best soothe a tight, sore back, please let me know in the comment section.

Speaking of which, if anyone out there has any good exercises they can recommend for back and shoulder strength, please let me know that too.  I devote a lot of time to these areas when I work out, but I always like to try new kinds of exercises.  Considering the fact that I'm going to be modeling almost every day in the coming weeks, I'm going to need them.  Don't hesitate to offer your input!

That's it for now.  My laundry is scheduled to be finished in the dryer any minute, and I don't want to miss it!  (Does this make me a real adult now?)  Please keep your comments and questions coming, and enjoy your weekends as well!

See you soon!

1 comment: