Saturday, March 10, 2018

First Post

Hello everyone!

First post on a new blog!  Are you as excited as I am?  ;)

It seems like every time I sit down to write the first post of a new blog, I run into the same problem.  Introductions have never been my forte, but that doesn't stop me from trying to make them good.  I think it's just best if I dive right into things.

First, I think some introductions are in order.  So, hello!  My name is Megan.  I'm twenty-three years old, and I like music, reading, and writing, among many other things.  I also live and work as an art model at different schools throughout the New York City area, which, as you might have guessed, is what this blog is all about. 

At this point, you might be asking to yourself "What is an art model?"  (And even if you're not asking yourself that, I'm going to tell you.)  An art model is someone who poses in different kinds of art classes, including figure drawing, painting, and sculpture, just to name a few and gets paid to do so.  It's not exactly your typical nine-to-five job, but it's a job nonetheless, one that I (obviously) think deserves a blog about it.

The idea to start this blog came to me a few days ago when it was modeling in a class.  During one of my poses, I started thinking about all the questions people had asked me since I started working as an art model.  I also started thinking about how this job really isn't talked about a whole lot, at least on a more personal level.  Granted, there are some great blogs and online articles about art modeling out there.  But there aren't too many that go as quite in-depth about what this job is like on a day-to-day basis, or about the nuances of what being an art model is really like.  I figured that since I love modeling and writing, this would be a great way to achieve that more personal connection I had be searching for.

So that's what this blog will be; a place where I'll tell you what it's like to be an art model, and maybe share some insights as well.  I'm excited to begin this journey, and I hope you'll stick around for the posts to come.  :)

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just ran into this blog and although I have yet to go through it I can't wait to read your take on a job that I love and want to know what others that love it have to say about it. Best, Bruce

    ReplyDelete