Thursday, September 20, 2018

All In A Day's Work - Part Two

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to report that I slept better than I was expecting to.  I only woke up once during the night, and I was able to fall back asleep again until 7:30am.  Thank god too, because as we all know, I needed that rest.  Not only that, but for the first time in days, I was able to make myself a proper breakfast this morning.  Pancakes with peanut butter, a perfectly ripe kiwi, and a cup of peppermint tea.  Good morning indeed!

Today is officially my day off, which means that in addition to doing some housework and resting some more, I get to tell you all about the rest of my very busy day of modeling.  Yay!  So, let's jump right in.

When I agreed to do three modeling sessions in one day, the second session was originally going to be a standby.  This means that I was going to be on call for any instructors that needed models in the 12pm to 3pm time frame.  If no one requested a model, I'd be free to go after an hour.  I've done standbys before, and I've never been asked to do an actual class.  But as might have guessed, this time was different.

I was checking my email during the first session when I noticed that I had a new one from the school.  Turns out that my standby had now become a class.  So as soon as I finished up my first session, I went downstairs to a different classroom to start the now second session I had for the day.  When I got to the room, however, I noticed no one seemed to be getting set up for class to begin.  I got a little worried.  "Am I in the right room?  Did I misread my email?" I thought to myself.  I ended up checking my email about five times just to make sure I didn't mess anything up.  Turns out that the class was actually six hours long, like the one I wrote about in my "New Experiences" post, and I had arrived right when the lunch hour had started.  This turned out to be a good thing, because it gave me a chance to rest for a while before getting back on the stand.

When the class did start up again, I was both surprised and delighted to find out that the instructor was one I had worked with before.  In fact, he was one of the first teachers I worked with when I started modeling.  It was great to see him again.  It was also great that he let me do three seated twenty minutes poses.  My body was definitely thankful for it!  The class went by quickly and as soon as it ended, I started walking across town to get to my final booking of the day.

Walking in the rain from the West side of town to the East wasn't exactly fun.  Nonetheless, I made it to my booking on time.  I was especially excited for this one, because it was with another instructor I had previously worked with.  I did mostly standing poses in this session, twenty minutes each.  I'll admit, I was nervous that my body wouldn't be able to take being in an upright position for so long.  But to my surprise, I managed to do it with almost no tension or tightness.  I have no idea if it was from having a long break earlier in the day, or if my body has become stronger and more capable of holding still.  Whatever the reason, I was happy.

This final class was also great because I got to talk a bit with one of the students and the instructor.  We chatted about baseball, music, and theatre while I took my breaks, much to my delight.  It's always fun when you get to have a conversation with the people in the room, even if it's just for a little while.  It makes the overall experience that much more fun and personal.  Plus, it's also great to be able to tell you all about it!  The student even let me see one of the drawings she did.  I have to say that I loved how she drew me, especially since it only took her thirty minutes to do it!

Once the class was over, I headed to the nearest Lush store and bought a lavender scented bath bomb.  I took the subway back to my sublet, flopped on my bed for bit, then went to the bathroom to take a much needed soak in the tub.  Quick tip to all you aspiring art models out there: hot baths/showers after a long day of work are total BLISS.  I highly recommend them!  I have to admit that I'm still pretty sore today, especially in my back.  But thanks to the magic of Groupon, I now have a massage scheduled for next week.  I couldn't be happier about this fact, especially since I've been meaning to get one since the start of this month.

Modeling three times in a day definitely had an impact on me.  I still don't think my body has caught up with me yet.  But like I said in my last post, I wouldn't have changed anything about my experience.  Modeling is hard work, but it's work that I love doing.  Even if I get tired and sore from it, it's all in a day's work, and all worth it in the end.  :)

That's it for this blog post.  Be sure to check back soon for more stories, and please keep your questions and comments coming!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment